ABOUT THE MENTORING PROGRAM
The ACTA’s Mentoring Program is a semi-formal, one-on-one and face-to-face program that is open to all ACTA members. The program is on a rolling, annual basis, but open all year round to accept applications from both Mentor’s and Mentees.
What is a Mentoring Program?
Mentoring is a relationship based on an exchange of knowledge, experience, and goodwill. Mentors help someone less experienced gain confidence, clearer purpose, insight and wisdom. In turn, the Mentee develops new skills, knowledge and expertise, as well as new networks and relationships.
A mentoring program can bring the following benefits:
- Help graduates transition into their chosen profession
- Create intergenerational links and transfer knowledge from mentor to mentee
- Provide support and reduce isolation
- Engage and connect people
- Help women/ people from ethnic minorities to advance their careers
- Provide an avenue for more experienced members to give back
- Build mentoring and leadership skills within an industry or profession
- Build a stronger community and network
- Career development