Bank Relationship Management
Dealing with your bank: in good times and difficult times
In the good times, you need to:
- Understand how bank credit teams view business/corporate lending. Why it is different from home lending.
- Accept Bank credit assessment takes time and quality information
- Interact with the bank transparently to make the process work
In difficult times, there are actions corporates can take to help get the right outcome
- Open and honest communication.
- Sound financial hygiene including cashflow controls, three-way financial forecasts (with achievable assumptions) and a well thought out corporate strategy.
- Have a plan to reduce debt – sale of non-core assets etc
- Lindesay Brine – Associate Dean, Curriculum & Learning, Macquarie University
- Ryan Rabbit – Partner, KordaMentha